Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

13 Ways to Celebrate Samhain

After reviewing various sources, I have decided to attempt the following 13 ideas during my first celebration of Samhain. I will post more information and a reflection on each as I complete them:

13. Carve a Jack O'Lantern (always a favorite)
12. Make a Straw Man
11. Make a Witch's Bottle
10. Read "Twas the Night Before Samhain"
9. Sing "The Twelve Days of Samhain"
8. Read "The Raven," by Edgar Allen Poe
7. Bake 'Remembering Cookies' or 'Soul Cakes' and 'Mulled Wine' (not sure about the wine)
6. Complete the 'Good Luck Stone' ritual (not sure if this is the correct term)
5. Complete the 'Banishing Weakness' ritual
4. Self-Reflect and set goals for the upcoming year
3. Practice contacting my Spirit Guide
2. Make a 'Scrying Mirror' and practice using it
1. Honor my ancestors by setting up an alter/shrine, saying a prayer, and performing a ritual

How do you celebrate Samhain?

No comments:

Post a Comment