Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Short & Long Term Goals

*I want to become more in tune with nature.
*At this point I simply want to develop as a solitary practitioner, gaining experience from those I meet along the way. At a later time I will more than likely want to lead and teach as I am a teacher by profession.
*I wouldn't say that witchcraft conflicts with my other beliefs. I am a very open minded individual and believe that there are pieces of all cultures and religions that are worth studying and following. I tend to take what makes sense to me and add it to my belief system, rather than chose to follow one set of guidelines that others have mandated.
*I do not believe in the idea of a God/Goddess that is all powerful and as such something/someone that I should worship. Instead, I believe that all living things are connected and share there energy freely as needed. This is not to say that I don't believe in super natural entities that have knowledge far beyond our recognition. I do. It is simply that I respect and honor these individuals for the role they play in helping our civilization to advance and thrive.
*I don't believe in angels in the sense of biblical terms, but I do believe that there is some guiding power/force watching over us or working through us. I would definitely feel comfortable with nature essences and/or wise ancestors. I am intrigued by my family tree and often find myself caught up in researching my genealogy. I also believe that we ourselves hold the key to our own happiness and as such need to first look to ourselves for inspiration and strength.
*My gifts are wide and varied. I am a very creative individual and excel at almost everything I do. My biggest problem is that I tend to take on more that I have time for and end up abandoning projects for long periods of time. I will leave this question open to whatever craft calls to me along the way.
*At this time, I do not know if I can do anything to further the positive image of witchcraft. I am always working towards equality for all people by setting an example. Just found out that would me I am Egalitarian :)
*I am comfortable at the moment with the pagan friends I am connecting with via Facebook. I feel no need to join a cyber coven. Perhaps once I have established a routine, I would consider joining a forum.
*As I am a teacher, I would be happy to give a workshop on an area I have a strength in, once I feel I have something worth sharing.
*I would like to create a schedule that includes pagan study. This is an ongoing goal of mine.
*I do not believe that evil can be eradicated once and for all. I believe that it is a part of the necessary balance of life (Ying/Yang). Without the negative that evil produces, we would not be able to truly appreciate the positive and good that we enjoy. Life would simply be a set of endless routines.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I have to say that about 98% of what you wrote would be true for me as well (except that I'm not a teacher). Very well put. -- Mady

    ReplyDelete